Pancakes? With absolutely no carbohydrates I hear you say? Ay ay Captain … However …. I owe it to you to break it down. These pancakes are a bit different, indeed, they have absolutely no flour in them so they’re not pillowy and starchy like the ones we all know and love. They are however, solid protein and fibre so if you’re craving pancakes but don’t want the stooge, they’re a fantastic option.
These are, in essence, mini banana omelettes. I appreciate that might not sound too appealing to most of you, but trust me, they’re a viable substitute to the normal starchy calorific pancakes.
Top tip is to get the pan nice and hot, and if you have it, use a spray oil or else pour in a little oil and use some kitchen paper to wipe around the pan.
- x2 ripe bananas
- x4 medium sized eggs
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A handful of raspberries and blueberries
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium - high heat.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the two bananas and crack in the 4 eggs, add a pinch of cinnamon and mix well.
- Add three small ladles to the pan creating 3 small, round pancakes and then place a few raspberries and blueberries on top of them in the batter.
- Leave to cook for a few minutes until golden brown and then using a fish slice carefully flip them over. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes and then serve in a pile with agave syrup and fresh or frozen blueberries and raspberries.