A fantastic accompaniment to Swedish-style open sandwiches with smoked salmon, or layered in-between salt cured beef and mustard subs. Or even scattered over tacos, this seat and salty pickle pretty much works with everything.
Pickled fennel and cucumber
Serves: Makes 1 litre
- 200ml white wine vinegar
- 200ml apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp. of castor sugar
- 1 tbsp. of sea salt
- 1 medium fennel
- ½ an english cucumber
- 1 tsp. of mustard seeds
- A handful of fresh chopped dill
- Pour the vinegars, sugar, salt and 200ml of water into a saucepan and str over a medium heat until completely dissolved.
- Using a mandolin, slice the fennel and cucumber and layer into a jar. Pour in the vinegar all the way to the top and tap the jar to dislodge any air bubbles.
- Pop the lid on and keep for up to a month in the fridge.