A sinfully easy recipe that will make any recipient go silent. Perfect for a celebratory brunch such as Mother’s/ Father’s Day or birthday breakfast.
Smoked salmon brioche oefs en cocotte
Serves: Makes 1
- 1 small brioche bun
- 2 slices of smoked salmon
- 1 tbsp. of grated gruyère cheese
- 1 Clarence Court Burford Brown
- 2 tbsp. of double cream
- 1 tsp. chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut a circular lid into the brioche and set aside. Pull out enough bread inside the brioche to crack an egg into. Line the inside of the brioche with the smoked salmon, top with a little gruyere and crack the egg inside. Pour in the double cream and top with the rest of the cheese. Carefully put the brioche lid back on the bun and wrap in tinfoil. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or longer, depending on how runny you like your yolk.
- Once cooked remove from the foil and take the lid off, resting it to one side. Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve immediately.