I’m not one to hide from butter and eggs but for this recipe I shall, for it does not need either of them; in fact quite the opposite; this is the stickiest, moistest cake you’ll eat.
Mint chocolate bundt cake
Serves: Makes 1 cake
- 200g plain flour, sifted
- 200g granulated sugar
- 80 grams dark cocoa powder, sifted
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- 450ml milk / coconut milk
- 2½ tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. mint extract
- 4 tbsp. powdered sugar with enough water to make a drizzling consistency
- Into a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and mix well to combine.
- In a separate bowl mix together the milk, vegetable oil and mint extract and tip half the mixture into the dry ingredients. Combine and then add the rest of the liquids, mixing until just about combined but don't over mix. The mixture will look lumpy but that's alright.
- Pour into a bundt tin thats been greased and dusted with cocoa powder and bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Turn out onto a wire wrack to cool completely before drizzling with icing.