Turn the ordinary Sunday Roast chicken into something fragrant, spicy and packed with flavour.
Team with a crisp green salad and a super cold glass of white wine for a fuss-free but delicious lunch.
- 2 tbsp. of un-skinned hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp. of honey
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 free-range organic chicken
- 2 banana shallots, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. of harissa paste
- Salt and Pepper
- Pe-heat the oven to 190C.
- Tip the hazelnuts into a baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool and squeeze most of them out of their skins. Roughly chop the hazelnuts and pop into a bowl with the honey and olive oil and set aside.
- Spatchcock the chicken by cutting wither side of the spine using a pair of scissors and open the chicken out. Press down on the breast bone to flatten.
- Brush with the harissa paste over the chicken and lay over the chopped banana shallots. Add a splash of water to the tray, season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook in the oven for 1 hour.
- After an hour remove from the oven, spoon over the chopped hazelnut mixture and return to the oven for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- To serve, cut the chicken in half and each half in half again so each piece is either leg with a bit of breast, or wing with a bit of breast.