A total hit with the kids in my family, these marshmallow crispy pumpkins are fun and super easy to make and make a great addition to the Halloween spread.
Marshmallow Crispy Pumpkins
- 40g of butter
- 300g of marshmallows
- 180g of rice krispies
- A few drops of Orange food colouring
- Pretzel sticks
- Edible gold glitter (optional)
- In a large, heavy-based pan melt the butter over a low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted then drop in the food colouring, mix until the marshmallow mixture turns orange.
- Take the pan off the heat add the rise krispies mixing well until fully coated.
- Allow to cool slightly, then with wet hands mould into balls and squash down onto greaseproof paper. Push a pretzel stick in each one and dust lightly with edible glitter.
- Allow to set and cool fully and eat within 2 days.