Hangover be gone. Oozy egg yolk, crispy pancetta and a creamy gruyere and mustard base on top of a crunchy flatbread.
From pan to plate in 15 minutes this is a Sunday Brunch must.
Gruyere and mustard Croque Madame Flatbreads
Serves: Serves 2
- 2 flatbreads
- 4 tbsp. of natural yoghurt
- A large handful of grated gruyere cheese
- 1 tbsp. of wholegrain mustard
- 4 rashers of streaky pancetta
- 2 eggs
- Fresh parmesan
- A sprig of fresh thyme
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Lay the flatbreads on a baking tray. In a bowl mix the natural yoghurt with the gruyere cheese, mustard and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Spread evenly over the flatbreads.
- Lay 2 rashers of pancetta over each flatbread and crack an egg into the middle. Grate as much fresh parmesan as you'd like over the top, scatter with fresh thyme and pop into the oven for 20 minutes until the eggs have set and the creamy base has started to turn a golden brown.
- Serve immediately.