Make this light but festive flatbread on Boxing day to tackle some of the leftovers. Perfect as a light lunch with a salad or cut into slices as a canapé.
Festive Filo Flatbread
Serves: Serves 2
- A large handful of leftover shredded turkey meat
- 2 sheets of filo pastry
- 1 tbsp. of melted butter
- 2 tbsp. of cranberry sauce
- Any left over cheese, brie works very well
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- Seeds of half a pomegranate
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a frying pan, fry the shredded turkey meat over a medium - high heat in a teaspoon of olive oil until it’s started to crisp and turn golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grab the filo pastry and brush both sheets with the melted butter. Fold them in half and sandwich them together with a layer of butter. Pop onto a non-stick baking tray and brush the top layer with butter around the edges, creating a border.
- Spread the cranberry sauce over the base up to the border and top with the shredded turkey and ripped up lumps of cheese. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once cooked, sprinkle with spring onion and scatter with pomegranate seeds and serve immediately.