One of my favourite recipes for a super easy and delicious Summer supper. Throw it all into the pan and pop in the oven.
The extra step of crispy dill butter is completely optional but adds a really nice nutty flavour to the dish. However, to keep it simple just take out of the oven when ready and serve with a crisp green salad.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and cut in half lengthways
- 1 tbsp of capers
- A few slices of lime
- 2-3 tsp. of butter
- A small handful of fresh dill
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to it’s highest temperature.
- Lay the spring onion over the bottom of the pan and lay the salmon on top.
- Scatter in the capers, lime slices and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and pop in the oven, turning the temperature down to 180C. Cook for 8-12 minutes until the skin is starting to go crispy and the salmon flesh has turned light pink.
- To make the butter, heat the butter in a small frying pan and add the dill. Fry until the butter starts to foam and turns a nutty brown colour. Spoon over the salmon and serve with some extra fresh dill.