Brunch will never be the same. Perfect for the morning after the night before or something different at the weekends, my Croque Madame flatbreads are a sure fire way to set you up for the weekend.
I always use Clarence Court Eggs, their eggs are a deep golden colour, rich and the taste difference is incomparable. Serious yolk porn.
- 1 flatbread or chapati
- 2 tbsp. of crème fraîche
- A handful of grated gruyere cheese with a little extra set aside
- 1 heaped tsp. of wholegrain mustard
- 4 rashers of streaky pancetta
- 2 Clarence Court Burford Brown Eggs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C fan and lay the flatbread on a baking tray.
- In a small bowl mix the crème fraîche with the gruyere cheese, wholegrain mustard and a pinch of salt. Spread evenly over the flatbreads.
- Lay the pancetta over the flatbread and crack the eggs in and around the pancetta. Sprinkle with the extra gruyere, some freshly ground black pepper and transfer to the oven, cooking for 8-10 minutes or until the egg white has set and the yolk is still runny.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before serving.