Restorative, warming and a healthy bowl of comfort. With a few hacks this is a super simple dish and incredibly easy to pull together.
Chicken gyoza and miso broth
Serves: Serves 1
- A bundle of dried rice noodles
- 1 teaspoons instant dashi granules
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce or to taste
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 4 frozen shop bought chicken gyoza
- A handful of fresh beansprouts
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- A few mint and basil leaves
- Fresh chives
- Toasted sesame oil
- Dried chilli flakes
- Soak the rice noodles in warm water for at least fifteen minutes.
- In a large pot, add the stock, instant dashi and soy sauce. Bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the miso. Add the drained noodles to the stock and allow to sit whilst you cook the gyoza.
- In a small frying pan, add a little oil and place the gyoza straight into the pan, cook for 3-4 minutes until the bottoms start to brown then add a little water to the pan and cover. Steam for another 3-4 minutes or until translucent.
- Ladle the soup and noodles into a bowl, top with the gyoza and fresh beansprouts. Scatter over the finely sliced spring onion, mint, basil leaves and chives.
- Drizzle with toasted sesame oil and scatter with dried chilli flakes. Serve immediately.