This tasty punch is s stylish alternative to mulled wine.
Chai pear and rum punch
- 2 chai tea bags
- 100-125g caster sugar
- 4 cinnamon sticks, plus extra to decorate, optional
- 1 litre clear apple juice
- 2 pears, cored and cut into thin wedges
- 150ml dark rum, plus extra to finish, optional
- Put the tea bags, 100g caster sugar and the cinnamon sticks in a pan with 300ml boiling water and simmer for 10 minutes, then remove the tea bags. Add the apple juice and pears and bring just up to the boil.
- Take off the heat, stir in the rum and add more sugar to taste if you wish. Ladle into heatproof mugs to serve, adding an extra splash of rum and a cinnamon stick.