A perfect canapé or snack these Bloody Mary stuffed potato skins can be made in advance for easy assembly.
As featured in Sainsbury’s Magazine HERE
photo: Toby Scott
Bloody Mary Potato Skins X Sainsburys Magazine
- 6 baking potatoes, scrubbed, about 250g each
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp Tabasco or to taste plus extra for serving
- a generous shake of celery salt
- 200g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 slices crispy smoked streaky bacon, chopped
- 2-3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 head of celery
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Prick the potatoes all over and place in the oven, baking for 1-1 ½ hours depending on their size, until the insides are light and fluffy.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes then cut each potato in half lengthways. Scoop the potato flesh into a large bowl.
- Add the tomato puree, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco to taste, plus a good pinch of celery salt and pepper. Mash well to combine.
- Spoon the filling back into the potato skins and place on a baking tray then top each with a small handful of grated cheddar and scatter with the chopped bacon.
- When ready to cook, heat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Cook for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Cut 12 stalk tips off the top of the head of celery, so that some have leaves (use the rest of the celery in another recipe). Sprinkle the stuffed skins with the finely chopped spring onion, and push a tip of celery into each potato skin. Serve with extra Tabasco on the side for guests to help themselves to.