Elevate tea time with my banana, honey and cinnamon cake, a deliciously soft cake that’s even better the morning after slathered in greek yoghurt and drizzled in honey.
Banana, honey and cinnamon cake
Serves: Makes 1 loaf
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 100g cold butter, cubed
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon
- 230g over-ripe bananas
- 2 Burford Brown Clarence Court Eggs
- 6 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- In a bowl, rub together the flour and butter until you form a sand like mixture. Add in the castor sugar and cinnamon and mix to combine.
- Mash the bananas, and add to a bowl along with the eggs and honey and whisk. Pour the mixture into the bowl with the butter, flour and sugar and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into a lined loaf tin or square cake tin with a loose bottom.
- Sprinkle with golden castor sugar and bake for 1hr 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool before removing from the pan and slicing.